Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the Winter Quarter 2010 class blog for History 181: America to 1800.

From the class syllabus:

Each week, I’ll post a question about one of the primary sources or a new primary source/question or a film clip/question. During the course of the week, but before our class meets, it is your responsibility to respond AT LEAST ONCE about the document in question.

· This Blog will also be used to post interesting items in the news and as a debriefing site after class discussions (i.e. if students – or the instructor – want to continue a particularly fruitful discussion on the Blog, we may).

· Finally, the course Blog will also be used by me to post additional thoughts and comments about the history we’re covering – and for you to respond if you’re so inclined (encouraged; not required). Students may also submit topics for Blog discussions if there is a particular issue or idea they wish to discuss.

· You MUST e-mail me the e-mail address you want to use to access the blog by January 9th. The question for Week I will ask you to tell me a few things about yourself (I’ll do the same) to help us adjust to the technology


If you have a suggestion for the blog or an item you'd like to discuss on the blog - just let me know.

For our first week, I'll pose a series of questions about you that I want each of you to answer (by using the "comment" option after my post) as a way for us to get to know each other and familiarize ourselves with blogging. Those questions will be posted by Saturday, January 9th.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have questions or suggestions!

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment